JOB TITLE: Automation Technician
7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday
May vary depending upon specific duties and field work schedule
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Endure that all field installed devises are installed & operating properly, including but not limited to:
- Verification of proper bus operation
- Conducting point to point check
- Calibrate sensors
- Downloading controllers
- Verify equipment sequence
- Completion verification documentation
- Maintain excellent communication between the automation department and its customers.
- Assist other departments and trades when necessary (install controls, small duct modifications, graphics, etc.)
- Accurate & timely reporting of job conditions.
- Arrive at the assigned location at the assigned time
- Complete all necessary paperwork for processing in a timely manner
- Verification forms
- Work orders & change order forms
- Assist in owner training and commissioning efforts
- Maintain technical knowledge & participate in training when necessary
- Maintain all company supplied tools and resources
- Accurately record time
- Be available after normal working hours when needed
- Maintain assigned company vehicle
- Even temperament & good judgment
- Command of the technical language involved with automation & mechanical systems
- Good organizational & planning skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Understands & executes “completion”
- Fosters relationships with customers & co-workers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & JOB ENVIRONMENT
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc. See other specific physical job requirements in the table below:
- Physical requirements for this job include frequent (4-6 hours per normal shift) lifting (max 60lbs), sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, grasping, fine manipulation, reaching above shoulders, operating foot control, driving, full use of all appendages and limbs. Occasional (1-3 hours per normal shift) forklift operation, use of heavy machinery.
- All Apprentice typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates will be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs. The majority of all work takes place in position, not on the ground.
- All candidates will be required to assist in the setting of equipment with the aid of a crane, boom truck, outdoor forklift and other types of construction vehicles. They should be certified in the operation of an outdoor forklift. They should be familiar with the proper handling of suspended loads.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled