GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Installation of Commercial Type HVAC systems to include the following components:
- Packaged rooftop equipment
- Split system equipment 1ton to 10 Tons, Piping accessories and TXV devices
- Threaded and brazed Piping
- Underground Condensate
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fitting, soldering, are essential to this position. This is a HANDS-ON INSTALLATION position that may at times require working alone.
- Maintain daily communication with your direct supervisor and the department manager.
- Coordinate material stock with your Mechanic to keep stock on the company truck to maximize field production.
- Complete your timesheet on a daily / weekly basis.
- Maintain all assigned tools and safety equipment issued.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & JOB ENVIRONMENT:
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc. See other specific physical job requirements in the table below:
- Physical requirements for this job include frequent (4-6 hours per normal shift) lifting (max 60lbs), sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, grasping, fine manipulation, reaching above shoulders, operating foot control, driving, full use of all appendages and limbs. Occasional (1-3 hours per normal shift) forklift operation, use of heavy machinery.
- All Apprentice typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates will be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs. The majority of all work takes place in position, not on the ground.
- All candidates will be required to assist in the setting of equipment with the aid of a crane, boom truck, outdoor forklift and other types of construction vehicles. They should be certified in the operation of an outdoor forklift. They should be familiar with the proper handling of suspended loads.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled