GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Installation of Commercial Type HVAC systems to include the following components:
- Cooling towers
- Packaged rooftop equipment
- Split system equipment
- Threaded, brazed and welded piping, 1/2” through 10”
- Underground piping
- Piping accessories, valves, etc.
- Install all assigned projects at a cost level at or below that at which they were estimated.
- When necessary, supervise and support all assigned field personnel on larger jobs.
- Maintain excellent communications between Newcomb and Company and all commercial customers / builders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fitting, soldering, welding and layout skills are essential to this position. This is a HANDS-ON INSTALLATION position that may at times require supervision of multiple crews and jobs.
- Review thoroughly all job packages turned over to them and communicate / coordinate information to any assigned field personnel, plans, submittals, job scope, labor estimates, etc.
- Meet with sales engineers and project managers to review job packages as necessary prior to installation.
- Support sales engineers during project bid process if necessary, assisting in labor estimates, timing issues, pre-bid meetings, etc.
- Attend jobsite meetings as required and communicate issues to field personnel, project managers and sales engineers appropriately.
- Maintain daily communication with all assigned field personnel and project managers.
- Coordinate material orders and deliveries with warehouse manager and project managers to maximize field production.
- Take off materials and equipment from plans as necessary to compile lists for warehouse personnel to pull.
- Contact suppliers and vendors to get prices on materials and equipment and order as necessary when not provided by project managers or sales engineers.
- Complete as-built drawings at end of all projects.
- Coordinate calling of project inspections with project management.
- Complete timesheets on a daily / weekly basis.
- Maintain all assigned tools and vehicles in top condition.
- Coordinate sub-contractors as required for each assigned project.
- Coordinate tool, lifts, and crane rental as required to complete various assigned projects.
- Monitor all assigned job sites to ensure a safe workplace is provided for our field personnel. Report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc.
- Physical requirements for this job include frequent (4-6 hours per normal shift) lifting (max 60lbs), sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, grasping, fine manipulation, reaching above shoulders, operating foot control, driving, full use of all appendages and limbs. Occasional (1-3 hours per normal shift) forklift operation, use of heavy machinery.
- All mechanics typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates will be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs. The majority of all work takes place in position, not on the ground.
- All candidates will be required to assist in the setting of equipment with the aid of a crane, boom truck, outdoor forklift and other types of construction vehicles. They should be certified in the operation of an outdoor forklift. They should be familiar with the proper handling of suspended loads.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
|Job Category||Commercial / Industrial Construction|