GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To repair residential level HVAC equipment to Newcomb and Company and equipment manufacturers standards. To perform all duties in a professional manner as a front line representative of Newcomb and Company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet all required physical ability, efforts, and exertions to perform job duties.
- To possess or secure an EPA refrigerant certificate within company guidelines.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
- Report for work each morning at the scheduled time to receive daily work assignments from commercial dispatcher.
- To professionally perform all scheduled maintenance and testing to equipment covered by any maintenance contract.
- Operate various measuring and diagnostic testing equipment required to perform scheduled maintenance, and diagnostic analyzing nature of repair.
- Record and report to residential dispatcher any possible repairs or further diagnostics needed.
- To complete legibly all required check sheets, transfers, time cards, recording of parts used, and paper work necessary to complete a maintenance or repair service.
- Responsible to work in a safe manner and maintain all efforts with respect to safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
- To remain in contact with residential dispatcher Residential Service Supervisor for information needs and or schedule changes.
- To maintain and use company vehicle per all company policies and standards. This includes appearance and maintenance to the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- To follow the directions of the Residential Service Supervisor.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This listing of primary and secondary duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive but rather an outline of job duties and responsibilities.
- To restock truck as needed to have adequate approved parts, supplies, and materials on hand.
- Participate in training classes; and to enroll in courses to upgrade technical capabilities when applicable.
- Develop good communication skills, both oral and written when applicable.
- Perform after-hour emergency service calls when applicable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & JOB ENVIRONMENT
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse,
- Physical requirements for this job include frequent (4-6 hours per normal shift) lifting (max 60lbs), sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, grasping, reaching above shoulders, operating foot control, driving, full use of all appendages and limbs. Occasional use (1-3 hours per normal shift) of heavy machinery.
- All technicians typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates will be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs. The majority of all work takes place in position, not on the ground.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled